Sunday, March 26, 2006

Why would anyone care????

Today on WorldNetDaily there is an article about this guy who was sentenced to death in Afghanistan because 15 years ago he changed religions from Muslim to Christianity. It seems that his case was temporarily dropped. It is still up for review but the reason it was dropped was because of lack of evidence.

To start with I am neither Muslim nor Christian, so I have no stake in the religious portion of the discussion. I just want to make sure I understand this, some guy who is a just trying to understand the world as he see fit decides that religion A is not his cup of tea. He see religion B and goes that is for me, I like blah, blah, blah about it. The country he lives in is made up mostly of and controlled by people of religion A. So they decide that since he does not want to practice religion A but does want to practice religion B that he deserves to be put to death. Why oh why would anyone in the whole damn world give a rats ass if this guy believed in religion A, religion B, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or atheism??

In America, other than Texas, it is nearly impossible to carry out a death sentence. We do not put to death people who should be put to death (I am not a fan of the death penalty, but sometimes it seams like a good idea), like people who murder children, murder for money, imprison and torture people... But in Afghanistan, and other Muslim countries, they put to death people whose inner thoughts do not agree with... who?

I am not sure if the people who think that it is perfectly ok to kill some one for their thoughts, strap explosives around a child's body, teach a child arithmetic by counting the dead bodies of your enemy or any number of other bizarre and dangerous notions can ever become civilized. But I do know one thing. I never, never want these people's way of life to ever, ever influence what we do in this country. What ever it takes to keep these crazy concepts away from our children needs to be done. Now I am a Constitutionalist so I do not want the government to crack down. No, I want every damn American to crack down. If some jackass announces that sentencing someone to death because he changes his religion is not a bad thing, we, all of us, need to stand and shout "you are an idiot jack ass, shut the hellup, get the hell out." This way the First Amendment is not jeopardized and we get to call him on his murderous concepts. Of course if he tries to enact his beliefs we arrest his dumb ass and throw him in the clink. I recommend solitary confinement.
Locations of visitors to this page